Friday, September 25, 2015

It's 2 AM and I am sitting outside,
listening to the sound of silence.
Not the Simon & Garfunkel kind,
not that dark solitary sadness type,
but the kind that is full of sound.

The chirping of the crickets,
the croaking of the frogs,
the rustling of the tree tops
swaying in the night time breeze,
the crack of a fallen tree branch
as one of nature's nocturnal creatures scampers across the woods floor.
It gives me peace, and allows my mind to wonder.

And when I reflect on the places I have been in life,
the grease and grime coated auto repair shop,
the hot and dusty construction site,
the tiny cubicle with no windows,
the stuffy airplane cabin at 30,000 feet,
the cold and unfriendly motel room on the 37th floor,
there is one certain solitary fact that remains constant.
That fact is that I live in a country where I am free 

to decide each day where I want to be
and I am thankful to those who have sacrificed to keep it that way.

It makes me realize that we all need to do more 

to help keep our country free for all to choose how they want to live
and we all need to speak out, stand up, and try to make a difference

and maybe we need to go to where we are most needed
but for now, I have decided that where I am right now
is right where I am suppose to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to keep your comments open and honest without becoming belligerent. Remember, intelligent people can make their point without lowering themselves to the use of obscenity.